Our friend Laura summed up life with Ellie perfectly-- We won the baby lotto. Ellie has just been amazing-- she sleeps well, is really adaptable to going different places (and sleeping in different places), and just has a super sweet disposition. We are really thankful for her.
And some wonderful other news....WOOHOO!! I'm (Amy) employed!
"Which of you, if your son asks for bread, will give him a stone? Or if he asks for a fish, will give him a snake? If you, then, though you are evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your Father in heaven give good gifts to those who ask him!" Matthew 7:9-11
I have felt the reality of this scripture before, and am feeling it again. I just got hired on to be a part of a team working on a grant studying the effects of different types of professional development at the UW in the Early Childhood Special Ed dept. This new job is absolutely perfect-- I am really amazed and grateful at God's provision. In a time where it's really hard to even find work, I just got hired on for a job that's seriously EXACTLY what I would have designed for myself for the "perfect" job for this season of my life. And the job opportunity came earlier than we needed it financially, so I never really had to go job searching or looking into child care options... I got a lead from a past co-worker for a grant, and I thought I was just going in for a meeting to discuss possibilities- but by the end of only about 30 minutes, I was signing up for payroll! The job is part-time, at-home analyzing and "coding" video data, working with 2 people who I already know from graduate school and like, the pay is great, and the job will be lasting for basically the next 2 years. AMAZING! I'm so glad I get to be a stay-at-home mom AND work part-time during naps and in the evening. Getting this job has made me think a lot about God's goodness-- and ask questions about what makes God good... and it made me realize I was looking at the question the wrong way. God is good and so he gives us what we need-- not, God is good because he gives me what I need. Because what about the people that don't get what they need? (and I know that question is way more complex....) It's also made me aware more of praying for people's employment- that employment isn't always about paying the bills, but can be about having purpose and doing things for other people.
Well, back to the baby :) Here's some photos from this month so far- including Ellie's first trip to an all-you-can-eat sushi place (for my birthday) and my first major sewing project (thanks, Laura for your help). There's also Ellie's make-shift christmas stocking, courtesy of Target's dollar section and a little felt from Pacific Fabrics for her "E", until I finish cross-stitching hers.
Ellie's 2 bottom teeth are coming in-- here's a second attempt at showing you all them:
Here's one of super strong Ellie practicing her standing:
And her latest rolling over front to back & back to front:
And finally a cute little game she likes to play! It's cool- first signs of large motor imitation!!
No comments:
Post a Comment